I’m currently struggling to carry out basic functions at the moment due to the heatwave in the UK. I appear to be the only person who hates this weather (in Greece, on a beach = love it. In London, on a tube = HATE IT) so tonight’s meal had to be as quick and easy (and cold) as possible.
This simple salad is really refreshing and won’t take much exertion and most importantly, no heat from an oven/hob, to create. If you wanted to bulk it out a bit, or could face boiling a kettle, adding quinoa to this also works really well. Writing out the method it almost seems TOO simple but then again is there really such a thing as too simple?!
The mango was 75p from Sainsburys and reduced as it was about to go off. I therefore demolished the rest of it after finishing the salad and would advise you also do the same.
- Half bag of Rocket
- 100g cooked chicken (or whatever you have left from a roast)
- 1 red pepper
- 2 spring onions finely chopped
- Half a mango
- Half an avocado (or a whole one if like me you can’t physically not eat a whole avocado)
- Juice of half a lemon
- Salt & pepper
- Chop your pepper, avocado and mango into small chunks and finely slice your sprint onions
- Arrange rocket on a plate and add chicken, pepper, avocado, mango and spring onions
- Pour over lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil. Mix salad together well.
- Season with salt & pepper = done!