Honey & Mustard Chicken
My mum, who is an amazing cook, has always made honey & mustard sausages which I’m obsessed with (she’ll be reading this, hey mum!) and that’s where I got the inspo for this dish. It’s up to you how much glaze you make, just try and stick to 2 parts honey/1 part mustard.
I love cooking like this as you only have your plates and chopping board to wash up, especially if (like me) you cover all the trays in 3 layers of tin foil so there’s no need to wash them after. It’s such an easy recipe but looks and tastes like you’ve put a load of effort into it so you end up feeling nice and smug when serving it (my favourite feeling)
I serve this with roasted sweet potato and broccoli. If you haven’t roasted broccoli before DO IT IMMEDIATELY. It is an absolute game changer and you’ll find yourself wondering how you ever tolerated boiled broccoli before when you could have roasted perfection.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 2 sweet potatoes chopped into small chunks
- 1 whole broccoli chopped into florets and halved
- 4 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees
- Arrange your sweet potato on a tray. Drizzle over olive oil and add salt and pepper ( roughly 3 turns of each), mix well and bake for 25-30 mins until slightly darkened and crispy
- On a separate tray add your chicken thighs and arrange your broccoli around them (you should have something like the below). Drizzle over olive oil and salt and pepper and bake for 10 mins
- Mix together your honey and mustard and drizzle over the chicken (pic below), don’t worry if a load runs off as it makes a lovely sticky sauce. Return to the oven, bake for another 10 mins then serve