I think hash is the right name for this – from my extensive Pinterest research it looks that way anyway. Either way this recipe has become one of my new favourite weekend brunch recipes. It falls into my favourite category of food, comfort carbs, and is really filling too. Best of all it’s super easy and you only need a few ingredients.
Serves 2 (8sp per serving)
- 5 eggs
- 2 sweet potatoes cubed
- 1 onion diced
- 1 garlic clove minced/finely chopped
- 1 pepper diced
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 cal olive oil spray
- 2 tsp paprika
- Big handful spinach roughly chopped
- Pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees. Arrange the sweet potato on a lined baking tray and drizzle with half the oil, 1 tsp paprika and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 20-25 mins until cooked and starting to go brown
- Whilst they are cooking dice the rest of the veg and heat olive oil spray in a large pan. Add the onion and sweat for 5-10 mins until soft and slightly translucent.
- Add the peppers and remaining paprika to the pan. Cook for another 5 mins then add the garlic and spinach. Cook for a final 2 mins then add the sweet potato. Mix well
- Make 5 small holes in the mixture and crack in the eggs. Pop under a grill for 5 mins until the whites are just set and the yolks are still runny