I am continuing my current theme of stuffing vegetables with these dreamy stuffed mushrooms. Quick and low point, they’re an ideal weekday meal if you’re pushed for time. I served these with some garlicky asparagus and peas (recipe to follow) but you could also try some roast sweet potato, salad combos or just by themselves for a quick lunch!
Serves 2 (3sp per serving)
- 1 cal olive oil spray
- 4 Portobello mushrooms
- 75g quinoa cooked
- 2 small red onions finely diced
- 1 red pepper finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- Handful half fat grated cheese
- Handful spinach roughly chopped
- Half pack basil
- Pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees
- Remove the stalks from the mushrooms and finely chop. Heat the 1 cal spray in a pan and add the onions, peppers and chopped stalks. Fry for 5 mins
- Add the garlic and fry for another 2 mins before adding the quinoa, basil and spinach. Season with salt and pepper and cook for a further 2 mins until the spinach has wilted down.
- Arranged your mushrooms on a baking tray and fill each one with as much as the quinoa mixture as you can pack in. Top with a handful of grated cheese
- Cook for 20 mins, finishing off at the end with the grill to make the cheese a nice golden colour