I first discovered these when I was absolutely starving and on the verge of hanger breakdown after work. From past experience, these moods are quite dangerous. I used to lose all sense of rational thought and ended up eating the entire contents of my fridge, a year old Easter egg, 5 ice lollies and anything else I managed to get my hands on.
SO this time I needed a plan and chicken nuggets (in my opinion) are one of the best food inventions to have ever been dreamed up (particularly the 6 box variety found at Mcdonalds)
I serve these as fajitas with lettuce wraps and onion/peppers but you could have them by themselves, with sweet potato fries, in wraps at lunch – however you want!
I will add a disclaimer here that I am in no way claiming these are as good as Mcdonalds chicken nuggets (seriously though is anything?) but to me, they are the next best thing!
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 100g oats
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp chilli powder (I use mild as I can’t deal with spice)
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Few sprays 1 cal olive oil spray
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees (slightly less if a fan)
- Put your oats in a blender (Nutribullet in my case) and whizz to a fine texture
- In a bowl combine oats, spices and salt/pepper, stir well until combined
- Cut your chicken into thin strips (or be lazy like me and use mini chicken fillets)
- Dip each chicken strip into the egg and then into the oats
- Spray some 1 cal spray onto a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through