I’m so excited about this recipe as this omelette has become my go to breakfast/mid afternoon snack/evening dessert – basically whenever I’m hungry and cba with the effort of cooking a big meal!
It’s so easy and filling and best of all, tastes like you’re eating pancakes without the guilt. The basic recipe is 0sp but sometimes I add a teaspoon of honey at the end (1sp), a heap of fat free yoghurt or some apple.
I should point out, I bloody love cinnamon so heap it in with wild abandon but if you’re not so keen you may want to be a bit more light handed, half the amount or just leave it out all together.
- 2 eggs
- 1 banana
- Handful blueberries
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cal olive oil spray
- Pinch salt
- Crack your eggs into a bowl and whisk together, add the cinammon and a pinch of salt and whisk further until combined
- Finely slice the banana and add 3/4 to the egg mixture along with your blueberries, mix well
- Heat a few sprays of 1 cal olive oil spray in a small frying pan and add the egg mixture
- Fry for roughly 3-4 mins until the edges have started to firm up and little bubbles have appeared, then flip half over (as you would a normal omelette
- Fry for a couple more mins (adding honey at this stage if you’re using) then slide onto a plate
- Top with the rest of your banana and any other ingredients