When we were crying into our prosecco about how we never seemed to lose any weight, my best friend suggested we sign up for Weight Watchers. My first thought was “oh yay salad, salad and more salad” immediately followed by thoughts of how I could sneak in one last Domino’s (Texas BBQ right) before we began.
Fast forward a few weeks and I could not have been more wrong. The choice of food is huge and this pizza recipe is absolute proof of that. Low points and delicious, it gives me my comfort carby fix but this time without the guilt.
You could go wild with the toppings just please don’t put either a) tuna or b) pineapple on as honestly that’s a crime against food and you should be ashamed.
- Half cup fat free yoghurt
- Half cup self raising flour
- 2 slices wafer thin ham
- 15g low fat soft cheese (I love the garlic and herb flavour)
- Sliced mushrooms
- 1 cal olive oil spray
- Dried herbs (I use basil but oregano/thyme/rosemary would all work fine)
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees
- In a bowl, combine yoghurt and flour and mix to form a dough like texture
- Sprinkle some flour on a clean work surface and knead your dough until firm – it can be a bit sticky so use a little extra flour if needed
- Use a rolling pin and your hands to shape into a pizza base. Line a baking tray with foil, add a few sprays of 1 cal spray and pop your base on top
- Spread over tomato puree and top with mushrooms and ham. Splodge (technical term) the cheese around and sprinkle over herbs and black pepper
- Bake for around 15 mins or until the dough is a golden colour