IMO, there is literally no better hangover cure than a Domino’s pizza, specifically the heaven that is Texas BBQ. Sadly for me I need to lose weight and (as much as I’ve tried to deny it to myself) consuming my body weight’s worth in Dominos just isn’t going to make that happen.
However, fear not fellow weight watchers, you can still have that dreamy BBQ carby fix with this replica. It’s super simple, filling and best of all, very quick to whip up once you’ve got the hang of 2 ingredient dough.
We all know the next best thing about Domino’s is that insane little pot of heaven that is the garlic & herb dip and I’ve got you covered there too with this low cal version.
Whether it’s a lunch time hangover cure, a Friday night fakeaway date night or you just bloody love pizza – this is the one for you.
- ½ cup self raising flour
- ½ cup fat free natural yoghurt
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 bacon medallion
- Half green pepper thinly sliced in long strips
- Half red pepper thinly sliced in long strips
- Half red onion thinly sliced into half moons
- 1 tbsp BBQ sauce (I love this one)
- Begin by popping first the chicken, then the bacon, under the grill and cook until done. Remove and set aside. Once cooled slice both into small cubes
- Meanwhile tip the flour into a bowl and gradually add the yoghurt, stirring and mushing together (the only way I can think to describe it!) constantly until you have a dough like consistency – you may not need all the yoghurt as you don’t want the dough to be super sticky
- Sprinkle a little extra flour onto your work surface, as well as your hands, and knead the dough until firm. Use a rolling pin to shape it into a pizza base
- Spray some 1cal spray onto a baking tray and pop your base on top. Add the BBQ sauce and spread evenly all over, then add the rest of your toppings until the base is completely covered
- Bake for 15-20 mins or until the dough has risen slightly and the outsides are going a golden brown colour.